Friday 8 October 2010

Diet Jelly

Found masses of this in Sainsbury's yesterday. Have been making it up with raspberries and bananas. Am wondering if I could add Greek yoghourt to it and make a kind of mousse. may try. On the packet it says that if you make it up with half a pint of boiling water, then add low calorie fizzy lemonade it makes a fizzy jelly. Can't imagine that, probably just makes it a bit bubbly looking. I am sure that you could make quite a good mousse by adding raspberry puree and low cal ice cream. Hmmmm, I can see the calories increasing before my very eyes. Ho hum.

Made celery soup with onions, garlic, celery and stock. It was so insipid. Recklessly, I grated about an inch of fresh ginger into it. Never do this, it was disgusting so I threw it away. I should have used more garlic, no ginger and served with plenty of parmesan. But I am not that keen on cooked celery anyway. Will have a go at carrot soup next time.

Well, it's eleven thirty. Tesco still not here.

No comments: