Tuesday 30 November 2010

Cold and Snow Now

Today it has started snowing outside, large thick flakes falling slowly at the moment. I had to finally wash my one remaining non motheaten cashmere sweater, which is the only thing which keeps me warm. Today I ordered two more from Lands End. They are £70 which seems a lot, but worth every penny to me. Unfortunately they didn't have any more neutral colours, so bought a kind of blackberry colour and a black polo neck one. Even if these get devoured by moths they will see me through the winter.

Suddenly remembered that not only do I have to go to the hairdressers on Saturday, but have a party on Saturday night. It is my birthday on Friday, so in view of all these outings, and lunch at the Ivy on Sunday, will spend a quiet birthday evening at home and watch TV. Not much chance of weight loss, either this week or next. We shall see. Just hearing about a potato marketing guy in America eating nothing but potatoes every day for a month. He is feeling healthy, his cholesterol is down and he has lost weight. Might make a good plan B, though a rather tedious one - no added cream, butter, fat, oil etc.

Day off today, which is just as well, but back to work tomorrow for a couple of days.

Romy bought me a birthday present from Bluewater. I have been good and left this unopened though I suspect I know what it may be. Very naughty of her.

Since I have been overfeeding Kook, his mood has improved considerably and he has bitten me less, though I felt a light, playful nip on the leg when I got up this morning. Perhaps he is like a man, and becomes evil when hungry. Blood sugar levels, probably.

No comments: