Sunday 7 November 2010

The Morning After

The cursor seems to be behaving itself now, though I really prefer to use a mouse.

Had a very quiet day at home, expecting a delivery which now won't arrive until Monday, with several others.

I went to Jackie's firework party in the evening. I had made some little coffee cakes, some pate and a kind of cheesecake trifle, which consisted of lemon cheesecake covered in a thick layer of the damsons I had purchased from the short-lived farmer's market at Elephant. It was a very pleasant evening - dry and clear, and lots of fireworks. Met up with quite few people I had previously met at dinners and so on. In fact everyone enjoyed themselves so much that when I left just before midnight there were still quite a few people there. As usual, there were some newcomers, and Jackie is very hospitable, entertaining so many locals.

Rude awakening at five, with much running around across my bed and a slight bite from Kook, just to remind me of my lowly station. Got up and threaded him through the catflap and closed the kitchen door to prevent a recurrence.

No comments: