Saturday 13 November 2010

Samedi Matin

It really does make you sick. Seems that the small income from the Spanish flat may all be gone. The flat was broken into (nothing much pinched) and the entire front door needing replacing, at 900 euros. Dorothy and Julian are therefore staying in a hotel. I was hoping the income would pay for their short break, but I suspect there will be very little, if anything, left after paying for the damn door.

I can see that when I retire I shall have to force myself to live out there just to keep it occupied. I really don't want to let my London flat though, since I need to be able to get back when I want to, and having spent the last few years getting the place almost how I want it, do not fancy dismantling it. However, if I were to move away to somewhere where I could take all my furniture and reassemble it, I would be tempted to leave London. The property prices are so good in Northampton and I have a friend living there, and only an hour from London by train, so, hmmm.

Having my hair done at Debenhams on Monday. I can't stand it any more and need a morale booster right now, even though I can't really afford it.

Taking the punters to Polhill Garden Centre next Thursday, which will get me out of the office. And to Bluewater the following week.

No comments: