Tuesday 16 November 2010

Tuesday Afternoon

Had some garlic pork on a layer of shredded cabbage for lunch. Quite edible.

It is much colder outside today, but sunny. Had a brief word with Romy about the foul meeting. As usual, she is making excuses for our difficult trustee. At least she had a good break abroad. I hope Dorothy and Julian are also having a good time.

Kook is quite perky today, and like me, extra hungry with the cold weather. I have found out why I am always tempted to eat more in the evening. According to the Times, one's taste buds are at their most lively then. Add that to lowered lights, TV, etc. and the temptation is there. Seems that if you eat in front of a mirror, you may well consume less, especially if you keep the light turned up brightly. I have found that if I have some marmite drink or thin soup first, it helps, especially if I follow the meat or fish dish with an iceberg salad with very little dressing. And eventually, a piece of fruit, followed finally by a small strong coffee. Saving most of my calories for this meal is also good. I always keep some raw carrots and celery in the fridge for emergencies.

I am attempting to reduce my intake today anyway, to make up for last night. I blame Marks & Spencer Dinner for Two. It's all their fault.

No comments: