Monday 22 November 2010

Tuesday Morning

You may see that no one comments on my posts. However I do receive a lot of spam, and now I am receiving spam in Russian, all from the same source. People are so strange.

On re-reading The Stray Sod Country, I have decided it is an allegory of kinds. About how time in the guise of the author/the Ketch/Nobodaddy, plays with the lives of ordinary people and communities, usually ending with either tragedy, albeit sometimes farcical, or more generally, loss and disappointment in old age. Ho hum.

Apart from being semi-gripped by soaps, I am becoming disillusioned by TV. In particular, I managed to watch about two minutes of Giles Coren and Sue Perkins in their customary slapstick mode which is applied to every appearance of this pair, before becoming both bored and irritated. Maybe it's just me, but I find it hard to believe that people are stupid enough to put up with such self-indulgent crap. Rant over.

Seems we are due for a very cold winter. I would say 'bring it on' but for my elderly, rather inefficient boiler, necessitating warm cardigans in my flat most of the time even now. Though I do like to see a lot of snow when looking out of the window. A white Christmas would be pretty.

No comments: