Sunday 28 November 2010

Monday Morning Chill

Thought I knew it was very cold on Saturday evening, I started noticing draughts everywhere. I could not understand this, and when I went to bed upstairs it was particularly cold, despite leaving the heating on all night. All was revealed at 11am on Sunday when I went out to get the papers: the main front door had been wide open since 8.30pm the previous evening. The second time this has happened. Not a good idea in this area, quite apart from the weather. I rang my upstairs neighbours bell later and mentioned this, and they were very apologetic. Oh well. I suppose I should be grateful I was not murdered in my bed, which is near the front door.

Call from Dorothy on the way to the hairdressers last night. Seems the assessment was very good. Dorothy has been reading my blog and says I go on too much about food. I may take to drink, though I have been trying to do this all my life without any great success. Maybe not, too many calories.

Finally, Wagner has left the X-factor. With Katie Waissel. The others are all pretty good. Rebecca is my favourite because of her modest manner and excellent voice. We shall see.

Must organise a shopping delivery today. Hibernation has a very definite attraction in this weather.

No comments: