Sunday 14 November 2010

More Sunday

Had a long chat with Nibby who has several more commissions, and is delivering a painting of a horse to Sydney next Tuesday. I hope she gets paid lots of money for it. She is a very good artist indeed and a horse lover. She once won the first prize offered by the Arab Horse Association, and her painting was on the front cover of their magazine. Seems my niece and nephew are both fine, one has just moved and the other is moving soon to share with a girl friend.

Wandered down the Walworth Road. A remembrance service was going on at the front of the old town hall. Purchased a £10 dinner for two. This consisted of a whole small chicken, some fresh prepared veggies and a couple of creme brulees. I bought these because they came in very cute little fluted white ramekins. Rather than grill the tops I fried some sugar a la Jamie, and poured over the tops. So much easier. At 285 calories each they are a bit over the top, but reduced my other calories accordingly. I cooked the chicken in the red wine, also part of the deal, with garlic, and had a little for lunch. The stock will form the base of a chicken soup to eat later.

Made a rather unsuccessful boiled citrus cake with an orange and three limes. Basically, I should not have used limes, and I think I forgot the baking powder, judging by the flatness. However, I shall put it in the freezer and it can be used as a trifle base or iced with orange butter icing at a later stage. It might be good as a limoncello trifle base. We shall see.

Romy is back in rainland again, poor thing. I do hope she had a good time in Spain. I heard from Dorothy who was cycling around in Spain, but hasn't inspected the flat yet.

No comments: