Friday 12 November 2010

Week's End

It was most enjoyable to deal with the letters and cheques to new beneficiaries. I had to ring one at home to check his address, and he said: 'I'm overwhelmed, I did not realise that anything like this existed - I've gone all red'. All this put things in proportion a bit, and I am hoping some new trustees due to be appointed soon will help matters.

Very rainy and windy yesterday and today. Texted Dorothy who is going away with Julian for a well deserved break. The shopping, Sainsbury's this time, has just arrived. Kook took a slight nip at my calf last night. Since he wasn't hungry, I suspect he does it just for fun. If only I were amused.

I do hope I have managed to lose weight this week - the last decent loss I had at the end of October was two and a half pounds - much less since then. As someone pointed out though, at least it's going down, however slowly.

Radio 4 feature about Dame Ninette de Valois. I remember seeing her many times on the bus in Barnes years ago. She was a tiny, elderly woman at the time, but immediately recognisable, with a slightly Queen Victoria face, but more attractive, and lovely eyes. One can imagine she might be rather imperious.

No comments: