Wednesday 10 November 2010

Meetings, Bloody Meetings

Just read that taking coke over the age of 35 is very dangerous. I must reduce my use of hard drugs. Though a mug of cocoa or Horlicks does not seem a very attractive alternative.

Newsy email from a friend who has just moved house this morning. Seems she has a huge kitchen and a huge living room. I am so jealous. I remind myself that the Elephant and Castle is, or soon will be, the centre of the universe. Even with a small kitchen and living room. Actually the living room isn't too bad, but is marred by being in a basement. Though it is currently painted white, I was inspired by a rather grand room in the latest Interiors mag, which was also lacking in light, but they painted it a very jolly lemon yellow, glazed in layers. Quite tempting. But not urgent. Unless someone wishes to volunteer. Ha ha. In fact, white may be fine for this Christmas. I have the usual tree dilemma, and am seriously thinking about getting a tiny real one (two or three feet tall) to stand on a table. Found some rather jolly and quite tasteful snowflake stickers which look good on the kitchen window, so may leave them as a start to Christmas decorating. In a way there's not much point as no one comes around, but they will cheer me up a bit.

Ghastly meeting tonight, made worse by dinner afterwards. I wonder if I can resist temptation and stick to my diet. I am not usually too bad if I stick to meat or fish and vegetables, no potatoes, no sauces, no pud and one glass of wine. We shall see. Julian has kindly offered to feed Kook tonight.

It really is bloody cold, but the sun has been out since lunch time. Reminds me of Spain in the winter. Outside, I can see the Shard getting taller and the glass outside cladding ascending rapidly. It will be absolutely gigantic when it is finished.

Seems the students are revolting over the cuts and increased fees. Apparently they have broken into Tory HQ and are causing mayhem. Takes me back to the Paris riots in the sixties. Frightful noise and crowds, as someone said about World War I.

No comments: