Thursday 18 November 2010

Thor's Day Again: shopping and eating

Taking two coachloads of punters off shopping for the day. I shall be in a hired car, which will hopefully pick up three disabled punters. We are promised lunch when we arrive, and some helpers will push the wheelchairs. Somewhat financially depleted, I may just see if I can find an amaryllis in pink and white, which I failed to do last year. No doubt the punters will stock up on huge quantities of local farm meat, which is both excellent and cheap. A local cabbie who lives nearby told me that the pies are excellent. Sadly, I did not need to know that.

I hope that Dorothy will inspect my laptop and somehow fix the iphoto application so that I can print and post my snaps, which are currently trapped in the application. This would be a welcome birthday present.

Last night I ate a whole pomegranate: Romy brought back two enormous ones, which her neighbour picked off a tree in Spain that day. What a treat! I checked the calories in this: my calorie book said 50, my database said 100, so plumped for 100 since it was rather large. It shows how varied calorie measurements can be.

Texted Dorothy and was surprised that they are coming back today because Dorothy has to work tomorrow. This puts paid to my plan to take a trip to Borough Market tomorrow morning to replenish their groceries in time for their arrival.

No comments: