Monday 14 January 2008

Boring Day

I am now thinking about getting another rumtopf and preserving fruit through the year next year. Maybe even starting earlier. I am watching one on Ebay at the moment.

For some reason I have felt absolutely exhausted and have slept all day in between putting washing in the machine. I must wash the kitchen floor.

Tomorrow I must remember to bring the raffle tickets home and put them on the prizes. Romy had the bright idea of putting them underneath the prizes so they cannot be seen so I shall do this.

Have just found a tall ceramic flower vase which I may scrub out and use as a temporary rumtopf since the real ones are rather ugly. I shall just put a saucer on the top I think. Apparently you can use other alcohol as well, so may mix rum with Armagnac since I have plenty of both left over from my Christmas fruit soaking and prunes in Armagnac effort. I also have a lot of pears which I shall never get down to eating.

After doing the pears, I watched all the soaps and 'City of Vice' about the Bow Street Runners and murdered prostitutes in London. I had not realised that Henry Fielding and his brother started the Bow Street Runners. I seem to have bruised my left kidney a bit by lying on that side to watch TV and it is quite painful. Maybe I will put a little TV upstairs when I have the energy to buy an LCD one so that I can sit up properly to watch it.

No comments: