Thursday 3 January 2008

Sick of Christmas Mess - Out with Old etc.

Absolutely exhausted. My expected earrings did not arrive, probably due to New Year delays, so shall wait in again tomorrow.

Fed up with all signs of Christmas, such as cards falling down all over the place and a wilted tree, I decided to dismantle this well in advance of Twelfth Night (Sunday) in the hope of getting some good luck this year. It has been a nightmare as I could not reach the boxes for the decorations, so have put them with all the cards and lights into some bags, for later transfer. The tree was the worst - I cut back the branches with secateurs until I could get the tree into the garden. I had not quite realised how heavily the bucket containing it was weighted with stones and weights. Anyway it is now blighting my garden and the living room is definitely looking a bit less messy.

Watched The ages of Lucia, all about various forms of sex and definitely one of the most unpleasant films I have seen. La Communidad with English subtitles arrived today and I look forward to seeing it again. Watched a bizarre documentary last night on telly about women who buy ultra realistic baby dolls, take them out in real prams, etc etc. Some have lost children, and some have never had children. Harmless, I suppose, but really strange to me anyway.

No comments: