Thursday 3 January 2008

On The Mend


I must have knackered myself as I only had the strength to stagger to the Lye Torng to get lunch rather than buying proper food. I had a rather good beef Massaman which I hope will not cause adverse reactions.

Tomorrow I have to get up early and examine a church crypt which might do for a possible venue/club for our oldies in the future. Must remember to take my camera. I hope I will be feeling up to it and that it is not too cold. May get a cab.

It is really cold, not encouraging me to go outside at all. I do have some shopping arriving on Saturday morning. A bit nervous about eating despite the meal today, so I seem to have ordered nothing but canned food and drink and packet soups, apart from a few eggs and some bread. The flat is still awash with oranges, tangerines, and a now elderly looking pineapple, apart from mince pies, cakes and biscuits of various types. May have a bowl of Cream O' Wheat made up with milk for dinner. It is a bit like semolina pudding . We used to have it in Trinidad for breakfast with a little cinnamon and a sprinkling of sultanas while cooking. The main thing is that it is very bland and therefore suitable for the delicate stomach.

No comments: