Monday 28 January 2008

Oh Dear, Spending Again!


Oh dear, I have fallen by the wayside again.

A catalogue just arrived from Kanopy - huge dresses - for the uninitiated. Skimming through it rapidly before intending to chuck it out I came across a dress I had ordered last year in a size too large. This year, it is in much better colours. Overcome by temptation as usual, I bought two - one in a darkish blue described as 'delphinium' and the other in a reddish purple called 'mulberry'. These are quite old-fashioned looking dresses with square necks, three quarter sleeves and quite full gathered skirts as above. Their great advantage to me is that they have two huge pockets - very handy. Also, being dresses, something to just chuck on - no zips or buttons, and not having to coordinate with other things apart from shoes. I shall not be grinning insanely and wearing a very odd necklace like the model on the left, and the dress will not look so tight as I am buying it to hang a little looser.

This year, therefore, I shall mainly be wearing blue and purple.

No comments: