Friday 25 January 2008

Comatose, Under Attack and Buried In Rubbish

Found an interesting foodie blogger called Chez Pim when I was looking for a prunes in Armagnac recipe. Lots of foodie stuff in here. I think you can find her at http://chezpim.typepad.com. Also reading Diamond Geezer, one of Romy's favourites. A few more of these and no one will buy anything on paper. Maybe that's why Janet Street-Porter was whingeing about bloggers in the press a few days ago.

I should be spring cleaning the stables here at Gaywood Towers in case of a telly invasion, but for some reason (maybe the soup) I am feeling rather comatose and incapable of anything beyond throwing clothes in the washing machine and surfing. Cannot even be bothered to empty the dishwasher. Malvolio is the same, and has been lying on my bed all day. I must force myself out for some substandard coffee at the Lye Torng just to get out of the house for a bit. Borough market will have to wait. Somehow I have stayed in all day today.

It's Saturday morning about 7.15 and Malvolio has been attacking me for some time, so I am finally up and he has been injected and fed. It is a bit difficult to move this morning, I am not convinced the mussels are not making me worse rather than better . However I shall persevere for a week or two as it is supposed to be a slow process anyway.

Looking around the flat reminds me of my stepfather's flat, when he was very elderly, and sent off for anything which came through the letterbox. Apart from all the unwanted subscriptions to magazines, incredible quantities of junk mail arrived. I would make him sit down and go through huge piles of these and throw away all the rubbish, which I would collect in large black bags and take away in the car to the local rubbish dump. I need this service, not only for paper rubbish but for masses of old clothes and stuff. I have cupboards and drawers full of things I can't yet bear to part with, and more clothes arriving all the time. I am beginning to see how people fill their flats and houses so they can hardly fit in themselves, and given my size, this could happen any minute unless I take some firm action. We shall see. I suppose this is why I am Bag Lady.

No comments: