Sunday 20 January 2008

Five a Day

Quite incidentally, I found a visually interesting blogspot which is www.filboidstudge.blogspot.com while I was checking my sources. This is an American writer or illustrator, but he puts absolutely lots of super old mag covers and illustrations on the blog.

I have now put pears, grapes, peaches and nectarines in the rumtopf. Tomorrow I shall add cherries, and this may possibly nearly fill the container. I shall shake it around a little today and also shake the prunes in armagnac. Must get the Sunday papers soon.

Read the papers and had lunch at Lye Torng. Was going to go to Roast for a Sunday roast, but lost the will to move far. Now back at home feeling a certain postprandial weariness. Malvolio lying about asleep making slight wheezy noises.

For the first time ever I have managed to consume my five fruit and vegetables a day: though how peas pottage, pickled onions, canned artichoke hearts, canned mandarins in juice and a fruit juice are going to make me any healthier is rather hard to imagine.

No comments: