Wednesday 30 January 2008

Kitchen Troubles and Retro Hairdo

Oh dear, I have just lost a complete draft of this blog. Don't know how it happened. Anyway to cut a long story short, Dorothy and Julian are not keen to be my sous chefs, and Madeleine is unable to do it. I shall therefore ask Romy on her return next Wednesday.

Today, I am going to attempt to put my hair in a bun. I purchased a couple of bun rings, also known as doughnuts. They used to be darkish and rather solid but these days they are pale and made of some kind of mesh, so you need to cover them well with hair. My hair is definitely thinning so may have to backcomb it - we shall see. It is all part of my old lady look and will go rather well with my large size I suspect, like a cottage loaf. I have bought lots of hair grips too. If this works I may have a bit of fun doing a high bun, a low bun and maybe, since one of my bun rings has poppers to unfasten into a long sausage affair, a Victory roll, where the back part of the hair is rolled upwards and secured, while the front is parted and both sides rolled around the fingers and secured in what amounts to a giant pincurl - a real wartime look. There are demos on U-tube of the last bit with the pincurls.

No comments: