Sunday 27 January 2008

TJ, Nibby and Lunch

Had a long chat with my brother in NZ. Seems that my nephew has won a fantastic award, only one of 15 in the whole of NZ by Pricewaterhousecooper to budding captains of industry. Something to do with raising 6k for the European trip he did last year and also being the force behind 80k raised for a blind charity by his school, Wellington College, who raised the most out of all schools in NZ. I also had a word with my niece, Charlotte, who has another year at school. Edward is studying law and accountancy at the Uni of Otago, apparently known as an excellent law school.

Then had a chat with my sister Nibby in Kangaroo Valley. It seems that the baby, Freddie, is doing well. Nibby has just sold a cartoon, so is quite pleased. Cartoons and pen and ink drawings seem to me the way to go, as you can charge a decent amount but spend far less on materials, even using the best paper and framing. She also has another commission, so hopefully can build on all this. Had a snacky lunch at Lye Torng: Thai dim sum and vegetables in light batter with a lovely sauce. Both are starters but make a satisfactory meal.

No comments: