Tuesday 29 January 2008

Last Lunch before Spain and Telecooking

Romy bought me and her husband a delicious lunch at Applebee's in Borough Market. We had a very good Spanish white wine, and Romy had the lovely scallops with bacon we had before, I had fabulous prawns with garlic, which we both followed with an excellent salmon fish cake, while Romy's husband tucked into a wonderful dish of fish and chips - the fish, unbattered, being a medley of pieces of cod, halibut, turbot, salmon, and a couple of other fish, one being tuna and a huge curly prawn. Fabulous. We finished with a coffee and they dashed off to catch their plane to Spain.

Later, the telly people rang again. They definitely want a couple or two friends, very keen on mother and son combo, to cook the food. I emailed Dorothy and Julian, no reply yet, but if they are unkeen, shall ask Romy or Madeleine to help me out. It basically would involve taking a day off and giving me a hand in the kitchen to produce a three course meal. Not sure whether they have to sit and eat it! Then I would get to eat at the guests houses for three or four consecutive nights. Anyway I need to find a cooking partner quite soon, so any of my blogreader friends are welcome to register an interest! You know where I live.

No comments: