Friday 18 January 2008

Party Prizes, Sore Toe and Mrs Ugly


Today is the punters party. Apart from one broken raffle prize, all seems well otherwise.

However, I was just collecting all the carrier bags to put into an IKEA bag, when a huge metal wood clamp fell out of the cupboard onto my big toe. I was hopping around in agony for a while and the language was definitely unparliamentary. It means that I have to wear large, comfortable shoes rather than the French pointy things I was intending to wear. Never mind, I look like a fat dowager wearing black, with my Edna Everage diamante specs and lots of pearls and dangling pendants, all a bit over the top, but hey, it's a party. The frumpy shoes, inherited from my mother, are probably the one touch of sanity. Looking at the above snap, admittedly played around with, which does not show my jewels much, I have decided I need a fringe, as my forehead is always enormous in snaps making me look a bit bald in front. If I could use Photoshop I might be able to see what a fringe would look like. Mind you, the bald frontage bit was fashionable in Elizabethan times.

Trying to remember all the final touches: camera, company cheque book, before Romy arrives and we cab it over to the venue. I have now put two IKEA bags in the hall ready to go. We have a new performer who we have used at a smaller party, called Shane Hampsheir, who is only 19. We looked up his website and he appears to be booked every day and evening for the foreseeable future. Fantastic voice, but since he is only 19, I fear he may be working too hard. Tonight he is appearing in a panto after doing our party.

No comments: