Monday 14 January 2008

More Food and UMF Manuka Honey

The prunes are in the Armagnac and need to be left for four weeks before starting them, so roll on February 14th - which is Valentine's day.

The second pheasant is simmering away in the rich wine stock. I ate half the first one last night and the other half is in a tiny french marmite in the fridge. I shall probably be dining on pheasant for the foreseeable future.

I was wondering if pheasant would be good with various sausages etc with sauerkraut in a casserole. I don't see why not, though a bit unusual. Or indeed in a paella. We shall see. I am feeling a bit experimental. It certainly was a success cooked in wine.

I have just been reading about UMF manuka honey and its healing powers. I have immediately ordered some because it is supposed to be good for psoriasis. Apparently they make dressings from it in New Zealand, not that these are available over here yet, but the high UMF factor honey is apparently very good under normal dressings for various disorders. I shall probably just rub some in for an hour or two before bathing, so see if there is any effect. If not, I can use it in cooking. We shall see.

No comments: