Friday 11 January 2008

Funeral and Cancelled Clacton


My watch stopped two hours before the funeral so almost missed it. However I just realised by looking at the kitchen clock and quickly dashed out with my flowers. Fortunately I was in time. There were a large number of people at the funeral, which was a Humanist service at Honor Oak, and went well. We all came back to the Lye Torng, and there were still masses of people there when I had to leave at about 5.30 to feed the cat.

I was very tired, and when I looked up the train timetable discovered they are working on the track so I would have had to take a coach from Colchester to Clacton and vice versa on the way back. I decided not to go as I was already tired and it would all have been a bit of a rush, which is a shame since it may be my last chance to see Miss Bettaware and the Clacton Footlights, as Miss Bettaware may soon be moving.

No comments: