Monday 14 January 2008

Weary and Greedy old Woman

Oh dear. Julian has sent me an article from the Guardian saying how evil the people who run Facebook are. And apparently you can't get off it as they keep copies of everything. Good thing I don't use it much.

Finally we decided to run the raffle in the old way, and so I shall fold up 80 slips in advance, keeping extras in case more punters turn up. Sent application forms off today to the new applicants. As I have to work on Friday, will take tomorrow off. I need to be in the office on Thursday in case of any cancellations to the party.

Reinvested an extra £100k for a month for the office rather nervously but there should be plenty in the bank for day-to-day expenses. Last month I invested an extra £200k which netted us quite a lot of extra dosh so £300k should be even better for the firms' income.

This led me to consider how I could lay my hands on a million or so to do the same myself. I decided that at my age and stage, time was not on my side , so it would be highly unlikely short of robbing a bank. I shall probably have to content myself with living in genteel poverty. Mind you, a flat down the road has gone on the market for £400,000, and I think mine is better, so if I could live in a shoebox on the M1 and sell mine I would be nearly half way there. Ah, dreams of wealth without work.....

No comments: