Friday 11 January 2008

Funeral Flowers and Coffee Tables


Yesterday Romy cleverly found some money off vouchers for the Slug and Lettuce, so we ended up having two J2Os, a spicy chicken dish and some bangers and mash, all for £10 - so we will be back again I suspect with more vouchers. The bangers are Gloucester Old Spot and v. delicious. I also noticed they were doing some wines for a tenner a bottle.

I also collected the funeral flowers (above) from Chez Michele in Borough Market which are really lovely - mainly white with beautiful greenery and a few red berries. An enormous bunch which I had to cab home. Depressing to think that is all I can give to remember someone's life.

Today, the day of the funeral, it is pouring with rain outside. I shall go and collect my black coat this morning. Fortunately John Lewis, who were delivering my coffee tables, arrived really early. It is a nest of acrylic ones which really look nice in that you hardly notice them - ideal in my tiny room. Now people can put their glasses down easily. At least something cheerful has happened in what I suspect will otherwise be a very depressing day.

No comments: