Sunday 6 January 2008

Curtain Problem

Today is pantomime day. I finally found the connecting thing for my camera right in the back of a cupboard where I always put it - having searched the whole house. I found other bits and pieces which had been missing anyway so the search was not a complete waste of time.

The guards curtains had been considered not right for my room by general consensus. It so happened that the white ones I had made too short for the living room fitted perfectly. I managed to pull the guards ones down, but could not quite reach the clips well enough to fit the white ones properly, so I will need someone in the house when I try again to ring the ambulance if the stepladder collapses - I will have to climb up a step further which I am chickening out of doing while alone in the house. However I did manage to fix them to cover the window pro tem which is how I know they fit, and will look fine when put up properly. I really do need a new white painted rod with big rings which would look much better than the current arrangement. Thing is, because the radiator cover sticks out into the room a bit - for the curtains to hang well at night I would need to fix a couple of white painted wooden discs or squares to the wall before fitting any new rod holders to this, as these will make the curtains hang straight by standing further out from the wall. It could be a bit of a 'man' job I suspect, as I have given up using masonry drills, and the height is obviously a problem. However I would first need to purchase the discs or squares and paint them, then the new wooden rod and rings. Which is why it may take some considerable time. And may never happen. We shall see. I must also get the outside bedroom wall replastered, or at least reskimmed, before the room can be painted.

I shall now slope off to purchase an Observer, and hopefully, find a cup of coffee in the shopping centre.

No comments: