Wednesday 2 December 2009

Birthday Today

Hmm, I don't feel more than a day older than yesterday. Opened Romy's present: a fab calendar with shoes. These calendars are such fun - last year's one was bags. Romy has given me these kind of diaries before, and I keep them at the office - it is quite exciting to see the next day's bag. Shoes will be fab, as they have shoes from every period, and some of the most modern-looking turn out to be from the nineteen twenties.

Going to Applebee's tonight. Meanwhile I shall have a busy day tidying up and doing washing etc. I may even get down to doing the puds. I shall ring the charity people to see if I can get rid of the boxes, to leave the room clear for my tree. I bought some new lights for this at Polhill.

The Polhill trip was very successful. Two coachloads of people. We purchased another wheelchair while down there which came into immediate use. I bought an electric fly zapper shaped like a tennis racquet and a cat alarm thing recommended by Romy, which I hope will see foreign cats off before Kooky starts chasing them. The lunch was very good indeed and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. The weather which had started well became pretty awful with torrential rain and lightning, but happily we were indoors, and the rain kept off while we piled back into the coaches. Just before, we discovered there were some real reindeer, and Romy dashed off to snap them. Very Christmassy.

Romy off to Spain for a little while and me back to the office for a short day next Tuesday. Otherwise we will meet again at the Savoy theatre for Legally Blonde.

Told Kooky it was my birthday today. He was completely unimpressed and just demanded more breakfast.

No comments: