Wednesday 16 December 2009

Wednesday Morning - Damn Cold

I have to say I did not achieve much yesterday. Partly to blame was the enormous Christmas lunch provided by the Royal Oak in Tabard Street. I had melon, almost a kilo of lamb with masses of vegetables, and finished off with a huge amount of cheese. Romy had asparagus, turkey and pavlova. We could hardly stagger back to the office.

Predictably, neither Julian nor Dorothy want to go to Ennio Marchetto so I now have two spare tickets which I shall attempt to dispose of. I bought them only because Dorothy missed out through illness last time and Julian had quite enjoyed the show, but also there were so few tickets I did not have time to consult. At least they were not terribly expensive. I never learn. I would have dragged Madeleine along, but she is out of London for the weekend.

Since I am so cold in the flat I assume it is freezing outside. Must wrap up warmly today. I now hear there may be rain or snow. Great.

No comments: