Friday 18 December 2009

Friday


Just made myself a fab coffee made using the Nespresso which Dorothy gave me. I used the Ristretto pod which is a very powerful espresso, but made it lungo with plenty of milk. Served in my pretty little china 1937 Coronation mug with a Waitrose organic ginger nut, I feel very content.

Have now purchased at least three granny crochet throws and probably about to purchase another. I may have to call a halt to these particular purchases soon, before my tiny flat is overwhelmed with granny blankets and Russian woollen shawls. Although not someone who is at all fond of soft toys, I do remember with affection some knitted teddy bears which we used to sell a while ago. I kept a bright yellow one, which looked really cool, combining a very traditional toy with brilliant modern colours. I rather fancy a Missoni kind of one. Shall search my favourite source, Ebay.

Although I have broken off communications with my ex, decided to send him a card with a couple of notes in for Christmas, since I know no-one else will. I just hope he doesn't mistake this for a resumption of frequent communication. Once a year is fine for me, at least.

Call last night from Romy, who is not feeling great. She had a very nasty sting while on holiday and is on powerful antibiotics for this, with significant side-effects. She may come into work next Tuesday, but I hope she will find time to rest and recover.

Revisited M & S, and purchased some odds and ends for Christmas: small stocking fillers and tealights. Also found a couple of cheap jolly hats in Claire's on the way back. Tom Ka soup followed by banana cake and ice cream at Lye Torng. An office party in there. Overheard: 'Well, I don't see what's wrong with sex in the toilet' and 'he was photocopying his dick'. Bon appetit.

Here's the Christmas lights over the road. A bit fuzzy, might try again some time.

No comments: