Monday 14 December 2009

Monday

Staggered into Elephant & Castle. Forgot to post cards, remembered to buy make-up. Had a coffee and bought a newspaper. Downstairs, in a vacant shopfront, artists were painting elephants, each the size of a smallish cow, for an exhibition around London next year - unexpected bonus find at the Elephant. Had a chicken green curry at Lye Torng. Back home awaiting a delivery due today. It has arrived. There are tasting notes for all the wines, most of which will sit around for ages. I see that the prices for a case are about £7 - £8 per bottle and I have paid around £3.50 per bottle which seems like a fairly good deal. Mixed case of 8 reds and 4 whites. And there's another case 'free' which is where the deal comes in.

It started to rain a bit just as I left for the concert at Southwark Cathedral. I arrived rather early as I was concerned about all the roadworks, in fact one performer was very late, too. The cathedral looked lovely, with a pretty tree just outside. Saw some SE1 posters: Nomad and family, whose husband was signing with one of the choirs, and Plum.The concert, to raise money for Guy's and St. Thomas' was a success, though I felt very tired by the end, and ready for bed. It was much colder outside so I was glad to see my taxi arrive.

No comments: