Sunday 20 December 2009

Great Music

Concha Buika and Chucho Valdes 'El Ultimo Trago' sound so fantastic. Such genius in a minor key, and what a voice! Having heard a track on the World Service I purchased the CD but have only just started listening to it. So far, the first two tracks - soledad, and sombras are my favourites. To me, she sounds like an older woman, but in fact she was born in 1972. The last track - Vamonos - which I first heard on the radio, is superb.



Today, I may venture up to Borough Market. I shall try and purchase a newspaper on the way, then find somewhere warm to have a coffee and a read. I may try and buy some greenery. We shall see.

Papers bought. Lunch (starting with coffee) at Roast. Very good roast beef etc, and excellent apple crumble for pud. Then purchased two half-price pine wreaths - asking Dorothy to fix one to front door. We shall see.

Nibby had the bright idea of covering the moth holes in my shawl by appliqueing things over them. Brilliant. Now just have to find suitable things, presumably flowers etc.

No comments: