Monday 21 December 2009

Last Workday Before Christmas

Julian came around in the evening, bearing gifts and special Christmas stuff. Fortunately I had just 'made' an experimental tart. I had bought a sweet butter pastry case from Waitrose, drained a bottle of cherries and chucked in, adding a drained little bottle of Amareno cherries which are so delicious, then beat two eggs into some waitrose custard and poured on top. I cooked for about an hour until brown on top. I let it cool a bit before serving. It was surprisingly good and Julian took the rest back for Dorothy who is not very well. I shall make this again. I think using less squashy fruit does help a bit. We had a cup of tea and Julian had a play with Kook before disappearing home carrying a huge bag of rubbish I had been intending to empty.

I bought myself a Christmas present on Ebay last night: a set of silver demitasse spoons, enamelled in bright colours, to complement my new coloured cutlery and coffee from my wonderful coffeemaker provided by Dorothy. Finally, I found a cuphook to screw into the front door and fix my pine wreath in place.

Work today, last before Christmas.

No comments: