Wednesday 30 December 2009

Wednesday

I have been confined to barracks again. By the rain, which has been pelting down all day. Also sheer laziness.

The 'highlight' of the day was, after I had reheated some curry, the plate (vintage and obviously cracked) fell from my hand broke onto the floor, shards of china and heaps of hot curry spread all over. Realising that curry stains would not benefit my pale oak floor I did move rather faster than usual to sweep up the awful mess with a good result, but necessitating some new lunch. Good thing I had some roasted remnants in the fridge. I must remember to throw away those plates before there's another mishap.

Kook is very disgruntled - he has ventured out once or twice for a couple of minutes, but spent most of the day sleeping and being bored, poor thing. I am hoping for better weather tomorrow, but will have to wait in for redelivery of a parcel, which I hope will arrive early.

No comments: