Thursday 3 December 2009

More Birthday

Can't remember if I mentioned my embarrassment yesterday when Romy announced my forthcoming birthday to around 80 punters yesterday - followed by singing and applause and cards and gifts handed to me as we rejoined the coach later!

Dear me. Well I have finally succeeded in turning the mattress with some difficulty. I have removed the mattress topper which is huge and ungainly. Anyone want one of these memory foam things? I don't think it will cram into a black bag. We shall see.

The charity shop people have removed everything except the memory foam thing. The man said his van needed some work but he will collect the mattress topper when it is ready and will contact me - great!

Had to send a rather shirty email to my prospective new neighbours. My current neighbour, rather than removing his bike rack from the hall, used it as a selling point and promised to leave it for them without telling me! I have pointed out to them that bikes in the hall were only ever a temporary arrangement with my current neighbour, that their storage even with the rack had caused problems for me, that it would invalidate the house insurance and was a definite fire hazard. Not quite the way I was hoping to start with new neighbours.I really blame my current neighbour for all this. He must have been desperate to sell! Romy saw the bike in the hall yesterday and said it was definitely out of order. Both Julian and Dorothy agree. In fact Julian tells me that when my neighbour replaced the hall lights (and I paid half) he put fittings in which are practically impossible to obtain bulbs for, which I had not realised as Julian had been seeking out the bulbs. Just as well he's leaving. I hope the new incumbents are not going to be difficult.

Amazing - a huge bouquet has arrived from Sharon and Alan. Sharon is my 'new' sister in Newton Abbot. What a lovely surprise! I must say I am more accustomed to sending flowers than receiving them. Fabulous.

No comments: