Sunday 13 December 2009

Hammersmith Birthday Dinner


Chris's birthday at Les Amis. We were amused. There were seven of us in the end: Chris and Victoria, Peter and Bunny,Caroline and Richard and of course, moi. We exchanged prezzies, wallet from Osprey for me and wallet from Versace for Chris, who also received some excellent wine and a wooden duck. We started well with a bottle of Bolly, then proceeded to an evening of general excess at Les Amis. How James manages to cook for about 21 - 30 people from a small counter and what looks like a domestic cooker I shall never know. The guy from Sensational in the Elephant & Castle was there with his family celebrating his daughter's birthday. After a most satisfactory evening I arrived home and went to bed around 2a.m., feeling rather weary. Caroline was due in the West End this morning to guide French punters around town. Fortunately she finished around lunchtime.

Long chat with Nibby about her projected visit in May.

I am trying to get organised to meet the punters at the Savoy Theatre today for Legally Blonde which I hope is OK since it was my suggestion. Oh well.

I do keep worrying about Madeleine's goings-on. Must give her a ring tomorrow. Then it's Southwark Cathedral tomorrow night.

No comments: