Tuesday 22 December 2009

Tuesday

Decidedly difficult morning, distinctly unwell but felt too ill to return home. As a result the achievement level was virtually zero, apart from a bit of envelope stuffing, chocolate stuffing from a huge box inconsiderately left in the main office and a couple of phone calls. On the other hand, Romy beavered away and by the end of the day had arranged another outing and sent out three lots of invitations to about 150 people before departing for a well-earned Christmas and New Year break. I slunk home in a cab, much relieved to be home again.

Kooky turned up to welcome me. Made soup with carrots cooked in chicken stock and smoked paprika with a little pasta. Fell asleep in front of the TV missing most of the soaps. I do hope I will be sufficiently recovered by Christmas. Tomorrow I must purchase some bread, tinfoil, custard, nutcrackers and sprouts. Then I shall clean the silver candelabras.

No comments: