Friday 11 May 2007

Cheese Dreams, Auditions and Stilton Ice Cream Again

Have been dreaming about Stilton ice cream and how to present it: with Stilton biscuits if I can make these - thin, using a small amount of oats added and Stilton as fat.Sort of stabbed on top of ice cream balls like wafers. Maybe surrounded by a very small amount of tomato coulis with added red wine or port or blueberries for colour contrast to the creamy greenish Stilton.

I could take some photographs to the audition next Saturday. I may have to invite Dorothy and Julian to dinner to sit around a table ostensibly having dinner and eating some for the camera ??? Anyway I need to take some snaps of the ice cream this weekend for them to be back in time.

The auditions are all day so it's no good making the actual ice cream. I don't think things will go any further than this as I am sure that my colleague and I are the joke candidates. Pity, because if I had had to actually make the stuff I would have had an excuse to buy a fancy ice cream maker.

Mothy has been reading this blog from New Zealand. I wish he had some bright ideas for my presentation. My sister Nibby did suggest I might try making it with sour cream as an experiment. Not that I have been able to find sour cream locally. May pop up to Borough Market today.

No comments: