Sunday 13 May 2007

More Long Losts, Falling, Fromage and Entertainer

Just received another email. I have two new brothers and a sister! More later.

I now have one half sister, two half brothers, and nephews and nieces and their offspring, some actual and some expected arrivals. I thought I was one of three and now it turns out I am the oldest of six - quite the matriarch - as my sister started calling me when our mother died!

Julian has sent me some wonderful snaps from Woburn Safari Park. She really is a brilliant photographer, as is Dorothy.

Had a long chat with my ex sister in law, Madeleine. She is very excited by my new family. She is still having computer problems but is hoping to sort these out soon. Unfortunately my ex mother in law is still having falls at night, despite four visits from helpers during the day. Madeleine is very worried about it all but trying to keep her out of a nursing home. I am afraid this may not be possible for much longer.

Madeleine wants to go and see The Entertainer at the Old Vic and will attempt to source some tickets, as I would also enjoy this, though it may be too late to get these.

Today I shall hope for a ray or two of sunshine or at least decent light so I can finally snap the damned Stilton ice cream. I shall take several shots - one of the smetana mix and one of the double cream mix, all with various garnishes and from different angles and sent these off to be printed - maybe A4. I shall find a display folder from somewhere and write some stuff about how I first came to make it etc. so there is a bit of a story about it. I shall just have to force myself to take the thing seriously - ha ha. Madeleine has suggested I wear magenta, though this is not a colour featuring in my current wardrobe. A magenta shawl maybe?

No comments: