Wednesday 30 May 2007

Another Ikea Rant

Home from work last night I discovered a delivery note. The delivery company who work for IKEA in Croydon had tried to deliver a door without letting me know, and had been given two wrong numbers as a contact for me, so I was required to ring their number to arrange redelivery. Tried today and there was no answer.

Rang Tracey at IKEA, whose main concern was to discipline the person who had given them the wrong numbers, and said I would have to try the delivery company again.

I finally got through to the delivery company, who told me they would deliver on Friday 'if IKEA gave them the correct paperwork'. They also said they had been instructed to pick the faulty door up from my house.

I said I was not a kitchen fitter, and the door was fitted to a cupboard. They then said I would have to contact IKEA, and ask for correct instructions to be given to them including cancelling the pick up of the door.

I then rang IKEA. The phone of the kitchen people had been diverted to another number who knew nothing about kitchens. They said I would just have to try again when Tracy (the kitchen person) got back to the kitchen department.

I have now completely given up on this since I know that Tracey finishes work at 2pm and I actually have a job of work to do and just dont have the time to liaise between IKEA and their delivery company, who should really be talking to each other instead of me.

I rang the kitchen fitter and explained the situation and he kindly agreed to try and get IKEA to do their job of delivering the kitchen cupboard door. All this so that he can find a time to fit the door!

The thing is, if only the store staff were not so absolutely hopeless, the kitchen fitting by IKEA is very good. There are very good guarantees, the cupboards and equipment are good and the price is very reasonable.

I have heard that Croydon is the worst IKEA store in the country. I think this could possibly be true.

It is extraordinary to think that this whole kitchen episode began nearly a year ago and is still going on.

No comments: