Thursday 24 May 2007

Leopardskin and Hospital Harrassment


For the day in France, I 'outed' my new bag. It was very handy and capacious if a bit 'bling' so there was no chance of losing it. It attracted comments from some of our oldies - one who said these were available on a market stall, and also a similar shopper bag, locally. I shall have to investigate. I think they might be copies as mine is from Butler and Wilson. Having the purse and bag, all I now need is the shopper bag and perhaps a small suitcase on wheels. I suppose one could see it coming around the carousel at the airport.

I just may be about to have an obsession with leopardskin. I have just missed buying several animal print garments - so feel this is a real danger. I blame Woburn. And Romy, who is keen on animal prints.

Typically, having had a couple of good days, the forecast is dismal for the bank holiday. I suppose I shall just hibernate, though it seems all right today so far.

In the news they are saying that the telephone company who provide pay phones and TV to hospital patients are going around harassing patients in their beds to buy phone cards and various services, though they deny this.

Apparently they are in financial difficulties because they have bitten off more than they can chew, as my grandmother would say, in supplying and installing expensive equipment in all these hospitals and business turning out to be considerably less brisk than they had anticipated. I would have thought that this was wholly foreseeable. Most people have mobiles and will use them, despite the rules (about to be relaxed in hospitals anyway). Others are so ill they just want to sleep and not make or receive calls, or receive visitors, particularly salesman, while possibly in extremis, or at least just feeling dreadful.

The Patients Association is rightly appalled about the whole thing. Having worked in hospitals as both a nurse and an administrator in the past, so am I.

Rant over.

No comments: