Sunday 13 May 2007

Sibling Curiosity and Stilton Lace

I have not yet heard again from my half brother. Maybe never will. Things that make me curious are a) my current siblings are all from different fathers. My sister looks like her father, my brother looks like his father. I do not recall my father, but apparently he was short and fat, which would explain my appearance, as no one else in my maternal family is at all overweight, though some are short,b) Whether I have any other siblings, which is also possible. Do I thus have nephews and nieces, how many, what sex, what age? I don't think I have any uncles or aunts, at least still living, but who knows? What kind of man was my father? Did he tell people of his previous marriage? Did he and his next wife stay together? Are the other two siblings from the same mother? I have suddenly become deeply curious about all this.

When I mentioned the brother to Dorian his first question was: 'Is he rich?'this had not occurred to me at all, probably since I am, though not at all wealthy, reasonably financially secure. In fact the reverse might be true, they may be quite impoverished!

The cheese 'lace' I made having been successful, I tried a similar method to make blue cheese 'lace'. However this was not wonderful as blue cheese, being softer, melts too much and the lacey pieces are a rather nasty dark grey colour after this melting. Might try it with Caerphilly or Cheshire cheese however. It really is all good fun. Made a second batch of Stilton ice cream using Smetana, sour cream from Lithuania. Not exactly true British, but probably any sour cream would do. Certainly before freezing it tasted better than that made with ordinary double cream. We shall see.

No comments: