Saturday 19 May 2007

Chic Cheese and Forgotten by Family


The guys at the pub were really sweet, they reckoned my recipe was too avant garde for those chefs, whose restaurants might suffer if they put forward too many trendy recipes. Quite a funny idea, but actually I think they were looking for quite homespun stuff. At least the audition made me get a haircut, sorely needed. I may still buy the ice cream machine as a consolation prize.Though there's not much space in my kitchen.

I was thinking about the audition which was the first one I have been to. I was chatting with some of the punters, and one had written a cookery book and failed to get it published after writing to every publisher in the country. She was told they only wanted cookery books from famous TV chefs, so she had paid to join some website which publicised all open auditions for any telly programme, i.e. extras, audience, etc. It seems she trawled about the place going to all these auditions in the hope of getting publicity to get the book published, and 'get on TV'. I had no idea people were so desperate to be on television.

No further word from my new-found (and lost again?) relatives. Wrote to Mykel and Roberto, but nothing further. I see Mykel's folk band has plenty of gigs coming up so he may be quite busy.

No comments: