Friday 25 May 2007

Oldie Replicas and Baby Bird


Just emailed The Oldie mag about the replicas from www.mempackcompany.com. My stepfather in Canada was delighted to receive his replicas and wanted to know the address of the website. I think these really do make great little pressies for oldies.


Had coffee with my friend Lee this morning. She has had a welcome week off work. I told her about our trip to France and she has offered to help us with wheelchairs etc. if she is available when we have more outings. Since she is qualified in senior care, I think this will be a useful offer to add to any possible help we may get from Julian, and may leave Romy 'hands-free' to direct operations on these trips. Or to push another wheelchair!

My evil cat, Malvolio is torturing me for food. I have tried telling him he is at least half an hour early with his demands, but he is circling me like a black shark, ready to throw himself against me and trip me up should I stray from his food area, i.e. kitchen. Earlier, when I had a cup of tea in the garden, he was eyeing a poor fledgling bird who was attempting to learn to fly - the parent birds watching him while he watched the baby bird intently. Perhaps that is why he is rather impatient today. His appetite has been whetted.

No comments: