Tuesday 15 May 2007

No News, Latino Lunch and Wheelchair

Still no word from my supposed relative. This would point towards Dorothy being right. However my colleague Romy has looked at the correspondence and it does all look genuine. In addition, being a bit of a sleuth, she found someone with the same unusual surname and initial in the town where they supposedly came from, complete with address and telephone number. They may just be busy people. Just to be on the safe side I have been in contact with my bank to change all my security numbers etc.

We had lunch in a latino restaurant and discussed its suitability for a group luncheon for the seniors. It is a good large venue, with very attentive and polite staff and reasonable prices. It might be worth an experimental try. Romy felt that we should aim to try and have a once monthly lunch at the same place on the same day every month if we found somewhere successful. Rather like an upmarket lunch club. We then went to purchase a folding wheelchair. This will be very helpful when going on trips and can be stored ready for such trips. However for the time being we cabbed it back to my address to save heaving it up lots of stairs to our office. It will stay in my flat until our next outing to France in a couple of weeks, after which it can be kept in the church.

No comments: