Sunday 6 May 2007

Nibby and Mothy - My Far Flung Family


Not a word from Erma Crump since I described her here. Being mysterious I expect.

I had a long conversation with my sister, telling her about all the help I have had from Dorothy and Julian. She reminded me that her childhood name was Nibby. Apparently she used to spend many a happy hour leaning over a fence chatting with a large black bull named Nibnob - hence we renamed her Nibby.

Well, Nibby is having a great time in Kangaroo Valley, and won first prize for her mask at a masked party last night. She has also sold another painting and is getting the workmen in to her new and delightful tiny traditional Australian bungalow. She is having a new bathroom and kitchen put in and is looking forward to being able to move in. She will come to England in August or early to mid September, so I shall book some annual leave when I know the dates. I shall probably go to Spain for a bit before Christmas.

Nibby is five years younger than me, a very talented artist and designer. She is immediately able to convey a tasteful English look to any room, so I am really looking forward to seeing some snaps of her house when completed, as I suspect it will have the very best of a combination of traditional old Australian and English design.

Just had a surprise call from our very much younger brother Mothy in New Zealand. He has changed jobs and is now working in personnel with a friend. He loves his new job and thinks he should have been doing this years ago. Mothy is very happy in New Zealand. His son (above, when much younger) is coming to England as part of his last school year and doing a history project visiting war fields and sites in Europe. He will be around mid July and I shall meet up for a meal in London.

No comments: