Sunday 13 May 2007

Questions About Long Lost Relatives and Nibby's New House

I am still wondering about my father. My 'new' brother and his family seem rather amazed at my existence. I am now wondering if perhaps my father did not tell his family he had previously been married and had a daughter. Quite possible I suppose. I even wonder if his next wife knew. I think she must have known. Anyway.

I am now wondering whether the other person with a relative with the same birth year and name as my father is in fact another half brother. However, he did not reply to my email.I may have at least two brothers I did not know about. Of course, at my age, one doesn't know who is still alive.

I rang Nibby who seems even more impressed even with this new brother and possible other siblings than I am. We chatted a bit about it and decided that even if they did not want to meet or take things further, at least I know they exist, which is interesting to me.

Nibby has now officially purchased her house in Kangaroo Valley and the workmen are in, converting bits, putting kitchen and bathroom in, etc. This is marvellous news. She has wonderful views from the house and it is exciting to have a project.

No comments: