Monday 7 May 2007

Desultory Day and Plumbing Problems

Had to ring the plumber as my bathroom tap - a complicated modern arrangement, had a leaking outflow valve which was dripping into my bath via the tiles, staining the tile cement. The plumber said I needed to contact the supplier for another, as he tried to tighten the thing and it was still dripping. It had been very stiff to turn from the outset, and I had to contact him as an emergency call on two occasions when I could not turn the thing off at all. My son sent me the link for where he had bought the stuff so I have to ring them tomorrow. No quote for the sitting room floor yet.

My ex sister in law rang to complain that her computer would not work at all - that it had an 'infection' presumably a virus, her camera was broken and her car needed changing. I had no answer to all this.

It is a bank holiday Monday and is a bit cold and has been raining all morning. Benefits the garden at least. I have been pottering around tidying a bit here and there and dreading the mammoth task of decluttering my clothes.

Just made the discovery that the plumber has tightened the bathtap so that I cannot use the bath or shower, but it is still dripping. I will have to just wash and wait.

I rang the supplier in Wapping who said the tap was supplied as a complete set and they could not break it up but would get back to me. They then said that they would cab me the part so I rang my plumber.

They then rang again to say they had sold the set they were taking the part from and I would have to wait four to six weeks for the manufacturers to send the part from China as they were offering no guarantee, just the manufacturers. Rang my plumber who said it was outrageous - that they should keep parts for two years and supply and replace faulty parts at their expense and I should ring Trading Standards etc.

The tap people then rang to say they thought it was a faulty valve, and offered to send a new one. I am paying for this to be cabbed over and will ring my plumber. Hopefully he will be able to fit this tomorrow. Hopefully it will work.

No comments: