Monday 28 May 2007

More Canteen, Taiwan and Evil Malvolio


Canteen is in the middle of Spitalfields market. Very modern, with lots of glass and long benches. We had a very good rioja crianza, starters of soup and potted shrimps, then on to an Arbroath smokie with salad for Dorothy, and I had smoked haddock with spinach and mash. Julian also enjoyed the meal and we finished up with passable coffee. I had eaten too much all day to have a pudding, much to Dorothy's disappointment. Dorothy is on the GI diet and had stuck manfully to this, but was hoping for a taste of some forbidden sugary carbs which were not forthcoming.

I had another email from Taiwan. It seems that Bob is married and teaching English there. He is also a brilliant photographer, and maybe when I learn to cut and paste I can put in a link to his site here. I told him about my pathetic snaps on Flickr. His mother is living in Ealing and I now have her contact number so will get in touch.

Malvolio has forcing me up in the mornings down to a fine art: at about 5.45 or earlier if I am unlucky, I hear him coming back from an outside visit. He leaps on the bed and walks all over me pounding at me with his paws (and claws). If I stupidly have a hand out of the bed he forces his head under and walks under the hand, and continually repeats this. I pretend to be asleep, but after about fifteen minutes of this I am forced to get up. If I manage to stay asleep during this whole thing he gives up for an hour or two, but this is a rare event.

2 comments:

nomadeye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nomadeye said...

Thanks for the compliment. *blush*
You've inspired me to start my own blog:

http://nomadeye-photography.blogspot.com/