Sunday 27 May 2007

Mykel, Nibby and Famous Men I Have Fancied

Had a couple of emails from Mykel who wanted to know where I lived. He knows south London and Surrey a bit. No more news from Roberto and his wife who are no doubt very busy packing for France. I am going to ring Nibby in Australia later - she was out when I rang last week, so I do hope she is there today.

Have now spoken to Nibby who has done most of the work on her new house and run out of money in the process, so I shall not expect to see her here later in the year. However she is trying to sell her shop in the Scottish borders. If this goes through she will have a bit more money to improve the house, build a garage and decking etc. and maybe come over to UK for a short holiday.

Was just watching Walid Jumblat being interviewed on the telly. I used to fancy him for some strange reason, which led me to think about famous people I have rather fancied over the years. I had a bit of a 'thing' about pop singers Adam Faith and Paul Jones when they and I were young. Even deeper in the mists of time I seem to recall writing my one and only fan letter to someone called Rory McEwen who sang Scottish and calypso songs on a Cliff Michelmore telly programme which came out in the early evening - might have been called 'Tonight'.

Other unlikely candidates for my affections include Bryan Ferry, the younger Tiny Rowlands (who looked a bit like Bryan Ferry does today), and even more oddly, Saddam Hussein in his younger days. Fortunately I am beyond the age of fancying anyone very much, though I suspect the actor Julian Rhind-Tutt, would have been in real danger when I was young. Which shows how random these things are.

I told Nibby about the T shirts in Peacocks, and she said they should be marketed to oldie women. Or oldie gay men.

No comments: