Friday 18 May 2007

Expensive Haircut and Thin Dress


I went to the hairdressers to have my hair coloured and cut. With my long hair I looked like the wicked witch of the west, and now look uncannily like Clarissa Dickson-Wright. This may or may not bode well for the audition tomorrow. A cookery show audition is a silly way to spend a Saturday really. Still, it is a new experience and I might escape early, always supposing that I get there in time in the first place. Still don't know what to wear.

The M & S dress arrived. The zip will definitely not do up by ordinary means as the dress is so tight. I think it is meant to be a tight, fitted dress. Shall try hooking a coat hanger into the top of the zip and hauling it up that way. If it still doesn't work they are lying about the size. The navy loose cotton jacket top is fine and looks quite nice over a black dress. It took me a while to like black and navy together but I really do like the combination now.

Tried the dress on again with magic knickers. It does zip up with difficulty if worn back to front. Obviously you need to be married to wear it as you definitely need someone to pull the zip up. I still think they are lying about the size. I shall hope to shrink into it, though this is rather a forlorn hope.

No comments: